Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
1. Discuss the three essential qualities of translation.
2. Examine the nature of meaning and its function in translation studies.
3. Briefly analyze the importance of referential and emotive meanings.
4. Critically examine the history of translation.
5. Examine the comprehensive division of translations that Theodore savory makes.
6. What are the problems encountered in poetry translations?
7. Discuss the general rules laid out by Hillaire Belloc for the translator of prose texts.
8. Examine the procedures of machine translation.
9. Write an essay on transference.
10. Examine the three steps involved in the process of transliteration.