- The film captures the interlinked complex social history of Bombay, Bombay slums, Bombay's economy, Bombay cinema of the last two decades in a way I have not seen before.
- The narrative style is unseen in this part of the world.
- Use of music and music in itself has a lot think over
- Editing students can feast over techniques
- I was particularly happy to see the acting of Irfan Khan whose acting skills and professionalism I have always admired.
- The film is out-and-out androcentric with no visible attempts of departure.
- My die hard fan-friends of Dark Knight are taking out their anger of not seeing it on Oscar noms on Slumdog Millionaire
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. Some quick observations