- Social movements and struggles
- Development initiatives and cultural change
- Asian feminisms and social change
- The Post-colonial, the national and the pan-Asian in the formation of new cultural identities
- Changes and developments in popular cultural practices, including music, dance, film and popular literature
- Other topics in Inter-Asia Cultural Studies are also welcome
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Conference on Cultural Transformations: Development Initiatives and Social Movements
Cultural Transformations: Development Initiatives and Social Movements
The bi-annual conference of the Inter Asia Cultural Studies Society (IACSS) will be held in Dhaka on 17th and 18th December, 2011. This year’s conference will bring in South Asia more centrally within IACSS and also makes efforts to draw in scholars from West Asia.
Envisioning a new picture of Asia – an other Asia – this conference invites paper and panel proposals on issues such as
Panels should comprise of 3-5 papers. Proposals for papers and panels will be submitted by the 31st of May 2011. Acceptance of panels will be announced by the 20th of June 2011.
The conference is being hosted by BRAC University in Dhaka, Bangladesh and is organized by the Department of English and Humanities and BRAC Development Institute.
More information will be available on http://www.bracu.ac.bd/event/
culturaltransformations as we plan further.