I BA FEP Semester II
Optional English Assignment – II
Translate a poem or a short story from your mother tongue to English. Give the name of the poet/writer. Give a report in about 100 words of the difficulties you faced while translating.
Date of submission:
Guidelines for Submission:
· Although there is no word limit try and limit the entire exercise to maximum of five written pages
· You may also produce a printed copy in Times New Roman, 12 font size with 1½ line space.
· While submitting the translation please attach the original copy of the poem or the short story.
· The covering sheet of the assignment should have the following details: Name of the college, assignment code (CIA 2b), assignment title, your name, Reg. no, name of the teacher in-charge and date of submission.
· Please write/print you assignment only on one side of the A4 size paper.
· You are free to take the assignment beyond the expected criteria. Such efforts will be appreciated.
· Do not submit the assignments prior to the date of submission unless you are going to be out of town. Those who are going to be out of town can submit the assignments online. My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Late submissions will be rejected.
· Avoid copying.
· Remember to give the reference at the end of your assignment of the books, articles and websites that you have referred to. The following pattern may be followed: Author’s name with the last name first, a period, name of the book underlined, a period, Place of Publication, colon, name of publication, year of publication, page no.
o E.g.: Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand, (1998) My Experiments with Truth,
o In case of a website give the name of the writer, date of the publication/posting article, and the complete URL of the site referred to.
o If you are directly lifting some lines quote them. If you are using some idea write it in your own words but acknowledge it.
· In addition to submitting your assignment in hard copy you may also post your assignment at the end of assignment notice on my blog http://anilpinto.blogspot.com