I FEP Students
The Format for the Minor Thesis
Cover page (Same as title page)
- Title page (Do not mention the page number)
- Student, guide declaration
- Content (Do not number)
- List of Illustrations (if necessary)
- Chapter I - Introduction
- Chapter II – Objectives and Methodology ( also mention the limitations)
- Chapter III – Analysis, Discussion
- Chapter IV - Conclusion
- Appendices( if necessary, like questionnaire model in the case of a survey)
- You may have a fifth chapter if the discussion requires more than one chapter.
- Limitation in Chapter 2 refers to the limitation you would like to put for your research regarding the scope, area covering etc. This chapter can be one or two pages.
- The entire report should be printed in black ink.
- Photographs, graphs can be use, if necessary. But do not use them for the sake of using them
- Print on one side of the paper
- Justify (alignment) the complete text of the report
- Do not use footnotes. Use only endnotes.
- Use 1.5 spacing
Other instruction regarding the printing format of the report
Font size of the title: 22, do not make it bold
Font size of the name and reg. no : 16
Font size of the other matter on the title page :16
Font size of the “Acknowledgement” and “Title” 16 in Capital. Do not make it bold
Font size of the text 14
Line spacing 1.5
Text margins: left-hand side- 1.25 cm, top- 1, right-1, bottom-1
I hereby declare that this minor thesis entitled (Title) ___________________________submitted to Department of Media Studies, Christ College, as part of the Writing Skills paper of Communicative English (vocational) Course, is a record of the original research work done by me under the guidance of (Name of the teacher-in-charge) _______________, Lecturer, Department of Media Studies, Christ College, Bangalore and that this work has not been submitted for any other award of degree, diploma or grants.
Anil Pinto Abhishek