- The classes are held every Saturday from 2 to 5 pm in Room 102 which is on the first floor of Main Block, Christ College
- A short break of 15 minutes is given at about 3.30 pm
- After the classes you can join Kurian at the kiosk over a cup of tea for an informal, free-wheeling discussion around Philosophy. Bring-your-own-tea.
- Please be in the class in time both for the class and post-break session
- Please be regular
- There is an evaluation at the end of the course to award credits (for Christ Colleges students) and certificates. The course participants have a choice of choosing the manner of evaluation which could be a paper or a viva voce or a performance or any other means with the prior permission of the course teacher. It can also be a combination of these methods.
- A handout consisting of key points on the lectures/discussion is already distributed in the first class held last Saturday. Those who were not there in the last class may collect it from me in person.
- For any clarification please free to email me.
- If you wish to meet me in person I am usually available in Room 107, First Floor, Main Block between 8.30 and 9am.
- You can obtain membership of DVK library which is one of the finest libraries for Philosophy in Asia. You can directly approach the DVK library or get in touch with Kurian or me to know the process of application for membership there.
- Christ College library too has a small collection of books on Philosophy. It also has secondary works on some of the philosophers we are studying.
- Ravi has mooted the idea of having a blog on existentialism for the group. Kanasu has volunteered to manage/moderate it. Her email id is:
kanasihi at gmail dot com I wish this initiative goes a long way.
- Kurian's following books are available with me if you wish to go through them.
- Process: Implications and Applications
- God-talk Reconstructed: An Introduction to Philosophy of God
- God of Love: A Neoclassical Inquiry
- I will make them available in the college library within a week or so
- If you wish to buy them at at 40% discount whose cover price in rupee is 120, 120, and 150 respectively, you may either contact Kurian or me.
- All the best. I am sure this course will set you on newer and diverse intellectual journeys.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Certificate Course in Existentialism
A few words regarding the course...