- Compare the idea of marriage in Look Back in Anger and The Importance of Being Earnest..
- Explain how ‘My Last Duchess’ is a dramatic monologue.
- What kind of beauty Yeats does not approve? Why?
- What is the significance of these lines “In the room the women come and go/Talking of Michelangelo” in “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”?
- What are the different waves of feminism? Which wave does Woolf belong to?
- “Overarching power of the state is an important theme in ‘The Unknown citizen’” Comment. (Some of the other themes could be - Conformity and Anonymity in the Modern World, surveillance, …)
- “The fox is the symbol of shaping of poetic ideas” comment.
- What does Virginia Woolf say about Aphra Bhen?
- What is the relationship between Raina and Louka.
- What is Snowball’s role in the
- Read “Look Back in Anger” as an autobiographical play.
- Can “The Love Song of J.Alfred Prufrock” be considered as a dialogue between the conscious and the sub conscious mind/poet and his beloved?
- Who is Judith? Why does Woolf create her?
- Write a not on the idea of class struggle in Arms and the
- What does Animal Farm satirize?
- What does Virgina Woolf say about the state of Victorian women writers?
- What is androgyny How does Woolf explain it?
Terms you should be familiar with
Stream of Consciousness (In connection with ’The Love Song ….’
kitchen sink drama