What the JPites want to learn can be broadly categorized under 3 perspectives of looking and understanding the post colonization text:
- Understand the political movements and situations that existed before, during and after colonization.
- Understand the politics of both – the colonizers and the colony at a large.
- Get an in depth knowledge on how the political movements were carried on by the colonized to achieve ‘freedom’.
- How the colonizers used different techniques of politics for smoother rule over their colony.
- How political boundaries were formed and changed.
- The current political situation persisting in the countries, both of the colonizers and the colonized.
- Go back in time and understand every detail that made up the entire process of colonization.
- Learn not only about post-colonization, but also pre colonization and colonization for a better understanding.
- How history has influences the meaning and understanding of post colonization.
- State of affairs today that has been influenced by history.
- To understand the psyche of the colonizers.
- To understand the psyche of the colonized.
- Learn about slavery, slave trade and the emotions that were followed.
- To understand how the post colonial writers wrote and with what emotions.
How we want to lean Post-colonialism
- Self-research and reading
- Documentaries and movies
- Your regular teaching methodologies