As part of your CIA may I request you to submit the following assignment?
Submit a research proposal of not more than 5 pages, in the following format.
- Tentative Title
- Introduction to the Research Topic (About a 100 words)
- Literature Review (About 300 words- Briefly mention the key studies done so far in the area of your research topic, leading to you research question)
- Chapter Overview (Each chapter description should be a separate paragraph of about 25-50 words giving the blue print of the paragraph)
- Select Bibliography (Key studies in your area which you will refer. It should have single and multiple author books, single and multiple author journal articles, online articles, unpublished dissertations, and JSTOR or Ebscor articles. There should be 15-20 bibliographic entries. For bibliographic entry, either use APA or Bluebook, depending on your area.)
Please write your full name and MPhil registration no at the top left-hand corner of the first page
- To help you formulate a prototype of your proposal
- To make testing a learning process
- To help you learn the possibilities of utilising online digital technologies in research
- To create a platform for peer feedback
- To evaluate your learning
- To promote self-learning and peer learning
Visual structure of the proposal, incorporation of classroom inputs, following of assignment guidelines, strength of the proposal, language
20-25 - A good proposal meeting all the requirements of evaluation criteria
15-25 - General adherence to the evaluation criteria with some drawbacks
10-15 - All seven parts of the proposal written but with mistakes or incomplete parts
00-10 - Some parts of the proposal not included, more than 10 grammatical error, more than 10 spelling errors, extremely weak proposal. ( In this case the assignment will be rejected with a chance to resubmit in three days from the time of announcement of marks. However, the repeat assignment will not be awarded more than 55% of marks)
Max Marks: 25
Early bird incentive
Those who submit the assignment by Monday 8 August 2011, 12 noon, additional 2 marks will be awarded, subject to maximum marks limit.