1) Explain the concepts 'expression plane' and 'content plane' with reference to the philosophies of Kant and Hegel.
2) What are the philosophical foundations of Kant and Hegel in literary theory?
3) Trace the development of philosophical thought in literary theory from Romanticism and Young Hegelianism to Nietzche.
Chapter 2- Fathima
1. How did the early literary foundations by Kant and Hegel paved the
way for New Criticism and Russian Formalism? Explain.
2.How does Russian Formalism dwell in between the philosophy of Kant
and Avant-Garde? Elaborate.
3.How Kant's'expression' is different from Croce's 'expression'?
Explain with suitable examples.
3. How the arguments of Czech structuralism are different from the arguments of New Criticism? Explain in the light of Kantian idea of aesthetic and Hege’s idea of concepts.
Sharon Abraham : chapter 5