The classes will have lectures and student presentations. The lectures may draw upon visual material namely painting, films, advertisements, print media and literary works. Lectures will explore the theme of the course at the intersection of various disciplines. Supplementary reading will be announced from time to time.
Will depend on the way discussion will shape up by the first week of the semester.
Guidelines for Submission in case of written assignments:
· The written assignment should be based on your field research. The typed assignment should adhere to the following specifications: A4 size paper, 12 font size, 11/2 line space, font: Times New Roman, Book Antiqua, or Garamond
· Assignment details - your name, reg. no, class, semester, assignment code, name of the University, name of the teacher in-charge and date of submission- should be mentioned on the top right-hand side of the first page. Do not use a cover page.
· You are free to take the assignment beyond the expected criteria. Such efforts will be appreciated.
· Those who are going to be out of town can submit the assignment online.
· No late submission is entertained.
· Plagiarism will not be tolerated and may result in rejection of assignment .
· Remember to give reference at the end of your assignment of the books, articles, websites, and films that you have referred to. The following pattern may be followed: Author’s name with the last name first, a period, name of the book italicised, a period, Place of Publication, colon, name of publication, year of publication, page no
o E.g.: Gandhi, Mohandas Karamchand, My Experiments with Truth,
o In case of a website give the complete URL of the site referred to along with the above details
o If you are directly lifting some lines quote them. If you are using some idea write it in your words but acknowledge it
For further information on bibliography writing please refer to MLA Handbook – Sixth Edition.
Ø Attendance is compulsory for all the sessions.
Ø Please be punctual. If you are late, you will not be allowed to attend the class. However, should there be any serious issue, do discuss with me or bring to my notice through the counsellors.
Ø I expect you to come to class having read the required texts. Failing to which you may not be allowed to attend the classes.
Ø Please feel free to clarify your doubts, ask questions or give feedback in the class, or through email. While emailing please mention your name, class and batch.
Ø If you are absent for any of the classes please get the help of your classmates to get updated, before you approach me for help.
Ø If you wish to make classroom presentation on any topic or idea within the framework of the syllabus, you will be given encouragement and guidance.
Ø Please visit my blog for notices and announcements regularly.
Ø As far as possible avoid calling me on my mobile phone.
Ø If you wish give feedback or leave any message for me, you may do so in the brown hard cover book on my table.
Ø All the best. Let us grow together.