All answer scripts display a good understanding of the texts. On that front no issues. However, generally all have stopped at answering the questions. A few specfic recommendations to improve the quality of answers (read: to score better)
- The names of plays and novels need to be underlined and those of essays and poems put within quotation marks
- For better marks you need to use textual evidence by means of quoting it and for further more, bring your extra reading beyond classroom discussion to bear upon the answers
- Long answers cannot be in one single para. They need to have multiple paras to discuss multiple ideas. The answers of many do not have paragraph divisions.
- First name is not used in academic writing, like Alexander for Solzhenitsyn, but last name or the full name
- The content words in the titles of texts should be in caps
- Write the question numbers outside the margins
- Leave some line space between two answers ( a few have not done it)