Now you can view this blog on your mobile phones! Give a try.

Monday, January 16, 2012

How to start a Journal in India? Legal/Government Procedures


  • How to do Magazine Registration in India?
  • HOW TO OBTAIN RNI REGISTRATION FOR A PUBLICATION
  • Press/ Do you wish to start a New News Paper/Magazine/ Periodical/ Journal:-
  • Step by step guidelines from RNI
  • Clarification and guidelines on obtaining ISSN in India
  • 148 comments:

    amitesh said...

    sir,
    may i request you regarding requirement for online only journal.
    regards,
    amitesh

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Amitesh, the requirements depend on many aspects. Contributors normally look for a Journals which has ISSN number. Hence you might need it. If you are looking for being indexed then ISSN helps. As far as my knowledge goes online journal does not come under RNI hence that number may not be required. If you more specific questions feel free to ask.

    Aditya shresta said...

    sir,
    few of my friends are planning to bring up a online virtual magazine, and it has business aspects. so could you please guide me the legal procedures and what all step i need to follow...
    regards
    aditya

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    I would like to start a Science ejournal. Please tell me what are the legal procedures to do before starting a ejournal in science, if any.
    Thanking you.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Aditya from what I know a virtual magazine does not come under Press and Broadcast Act. Hence you do not need to follow any legal procedures, if you are not having any print editions.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Anonymous
    Ejournals do not come under the existing P&B Act. Hence you do not need to follow any legal procedures. However, i suggest that you apply for ISSS number. Form for this is available on NISCAIR website: http://nsl.niscair.res.in/issn.jsp. I also suggest that you release the journal under creative commons licence BY NC SA. For more details on this licence you can access creative commons website.

    It is better to host on OJS platfrom. In fact INFLIBNET allows you host it freely on its site. All the best.

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanking you for your useful information. In fact, is that ISSN or ISSS? I am sorry. I am aware of the creative commons license and I plan to release the journal under that license only. Thank you again.

    Anil Pinto said...

    It's a typing mistake. There is no ISSS no. It should be ISSN no. All the best.

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    I'm an Assistant Professor in MBA institute & interested in starting a management journal(international).
    As per my knowledge following are the basic requirements:
    1) Applying for ISSN
    2) Website Creation
    3) Editorial Team (I really dont know how to approach people from international universities)
    Please suggest me further (on above point too because thats the only thing i know till now)

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sapna

    Manas Dowlani said...

    Hello there Anil!!

    I am Manas Dowlani a student of GLC Mumbai and am trying to start a journal. We have got few good articles and research papers. I hope I can talk to you in detail on assistance on legal terms as currently I am still in pre-law and unaware of the legal complications.

    I would request if you could mail me @ manasdowlani@yahoo.com and if we could exchange numbers to fasten the discussions. :)

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Manas, I have emailed you.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Sapna, Your steps are correct. But if you want to get a print edition, then i suggest you also apply for RNI no. A lot of journals do publish without it, it can pose some problems in a distant future.

    As for international editors, it's not a must but if you would like to enhance the image of the journal it helps. Good scholars normally agree to be on the board, if you have personal contact. What you could do is to approach international scholars you meet in seminars to come on board.

    An important task to make a journal quality based is to get it indexed by various agencies, like proquest. Ebsco, depending on the discipline of your journal.

    All the best.

    Manas dowlani said...

    Dear anil, your previous mail was auto filtered in spam. I would be greatful if you could send me a mail again :)

    Anil Pinto said...

    Manas, sent again.

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Anil,
    your blogspot is indeed first of it kind, and when i read through it, I have found it really informative and useful for upcoming scientific professionals.
    I would like to obtain your guidance regarding publishing of online scientific journal. It would be of great help if you could provide your e-mail address and we could exchange information through e-mails.

    Sasi said...

    Hellow Sir,

    Its my long back wish too start weekly science magazine but i have no idea to start and procedures to follow, it will be great if you guide me on this.

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,
    few of my friends are planning to start a e-magazine (in pdf format), monthly. hope there is no such regulations and registrations for that type of magazine. and we plans its a private circulation...
    is there any other procedures to complete to start this? pls help us...

    Anil Pinto said...

    From what I know the present P&B Act does not cover online magazines. It only covers printed periodicals. Hence, you would not need RNI registration. However, you could apply for ISSN no. Which is a hassle free process and normally they respond in 3-5 days. All the best for your initiative.

    Anil Pinto said...

    BTW ISSN no is not mandatory for any publication. But if your readership really increases phenomenally international agencies might be interested in indexing it. ISSN no helps them to index it.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Sasi the link in the this post gives some directions. If you can be specific with your doubts I might be able to answer them. If you have strong desire, I suggest you pursue it.

    sandeep said...

    Dear mr anil
    Me and my friend want to start a ejournal in IT. We have completed our website & now we are applying for ISSN no. Want to confirm regarding the issn volume no & Issue no? How to give papers volume and issue nos? I am confused about this.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Sandeep, ISSN no has nothing to do with Volume or issue. It remains constant. The first issue you publish will be VOL I and Issue I (sometimes called No 1. VOL refers to year in publication. For example, A journal started in 2011 will bear the volume no 2 for all issues published this in 2012 and vol 3 for all issues published in 2013. Issue no refers to the no of times a journal is published in that volume year. For example, a half yearly will have two issues in a year. The first one will be called either issue 1 or no 1. The second one will be called Issue 2 or no 2.

    Unknown said...

    Dear Sir

    I am Prof. Rinal Shah.
    Our Institute is planning to start a new peer-reviewed Management journal in print form as of now.
    I don't know any kind of process for the same. Kindly seeking for your detailed guidance on rinalshah211@yahoo.com

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Rinal Shah,
    You could go through the links and the comments in the following posts. My responses to various question address quite a few issues. Having gone through, if you have any ideas I will be happy to respond.
    http://academicpublication.blogspot.in/2012/01/how-to-start-journal-in-india.html

    http://anilpinto.blogspot.in/2012/01/how-to-start-journal-in-india.html

    All the best

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Anil,

    Thank You for sharing this useful information with us.
    We are planning to launch a E-journal and was concerned is there is any other registration needed apart from the ISSN registration, For example, the do we need to register our website anywhere so that it's comes under a set of registered organization kind of a thing???
    Also are there more legal aspects with respect to starting a journal??

    A response will be greatly appreciated.
    You can also mail me at editor.irjc@gmail.com

    Many Thanks!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for providing a nice platform. I am a Management Faculty wanting to start series of Online Journals in 4 areas. However, i wish to know the following: -
    1. Is ISSN number a must
    2. Is it legally fit to have just an online version and not the printed version
    3. Is it mandatory to have an RNI number for Print version and what is the process for the same
    4. Can an individual start the Journal or a society needs to be constituted for the same?
    5. Are there certain other tax related problems which might come p in due course?

    I shall be highly oblidged, thanks Sir..

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for providing a nice platform. I am a Management Faculty wanting to start series of Online Journals in 4 areas. However, i wish to know the following: -
    1. Is ISSN number a must
    2. Is it legally fit to have just an online version and not the printed version
    3. Is it mandatory to have an RNI number for Print version and what is the process for the same
    4. Can an individual start the Journal or a society needs to be constituted for the same?
    5. Are there certain other tax related problems which might come p in due course?

    I shall be highly oblidged, thanks Sir..

    Anil Pinto said...

    1. No. But it is a must if you want your journal to be indexed. It is like a postal address for the journal. Gives identity beyond the name
    2. From what I know yes.
    3. As per P&B Act 1860 RNI registration in mandatory for print periodicals. But most journals in India, even some of the reputed ones do not have. 95% there is no chance of any legal issues.
    4. Individual can start
    5. Not sure about this. But if you are going for a subscription model there might be tax implications.

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks a lot for the reply!!
    However, could you please let me know how should i go ahead regarding the same step by step please..

    Neha

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for such a platform. However, i wish to know if an ISSN number can be obtained before the first Issue is released or not? Also, do i need to get the website registered or not? One more question is what is the fee charged for bringing out a Journal and also it is charged Volume wise or issue wise

    Thanks

    Antony Raj said...

    Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your wonderful service. Sir, I like to start International Research Journal Print. Any exemption for RNI number. Because I planned micro level. Please reply Sir. Thank you.

    Anil Joseph Pinto, Christ University said...

    legally no exemption.

    Dr.Singaraj said...

    Dear Sir,
    Really you are great and wonderful service for our academic community. I salute your nonprofit service. Sir one doubt, any legal exception for RNI in International Research Journal Print. Sir I am also like to add your name in our journal advisory board. I will contact by e-mail. Please reply. Thank you so much.

    Anonymous said...

    Dear sir,
    I am doing doctorate degree from IITD, could you please guide me how to get an ISSN number and whats is basic requirement.

    I know there is an office in delhi for applying ISSN, but on what criteria they provide. Could you please tell me the procedure step by step. Please reply on r_pachori2006@rediffmail.com

    *If anyone else can help me, i will really appreciate, thanks

    Thanks alot

    Anil Pinto said...

    http://nsl.niscair.res.in/issn.jsp

    This link has the answers. Please go to the last FAQ on the page for your question. NISCAIR is efficient. You should get the no within three days to a week.

    ajay maini said...

    Respected Sir,
    I started publishing a magazine.....but after getting a govt job I just left it.
    Now I want to continue publishing it.
    Please guide me as if there is any legal hurdle being a govt. employee.Otherwise please help and suggest me a way to publish it.
    I am also having a registered NGO.
    I don't need to earn from the magazine but just want to publish it.

    Regards
    ajay
    ajeaymaini@gmail.com

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for such a platform. However, i wish to know if an ISSN number can be obtained before the first Issue is released or not? Also, do i need to get the website registered or not? One more question is what is the fee charged for bringing out a Journal and also it is charged Volume wise or issue wise

    Thanks

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Mani,
    From what I know there is no restriction for a government employee to run a journal. All the best.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Anonymous, ISSN can be obtained before publishing the first issue. You need not register the website. ISSN does not charge fee for bringing out journal in India, thanks to the proactive attitude of Govt of India. But other parts of the world one pays. When it is charged from what i know its one time fee

    Anonymous said...

    I want to open a bank account in the name of my e-journal. I want to charge from authors as publication fee. How an individual can start a bank account in the name of their journal? What are the legal formalities behind it

    Jose said...

    Dear Sir,

    Is Indexing possible without ISSN number?

    Anil Pinto said...

    No, it's not possible, Jose.

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for sharing such useful information as a non profit service. I wish to know that if series of Journals are started, separate ISSN nos need to be obtained or not?
    Also, they can be registered in the name of the same society?
    Can the bank account be in the name of the Society if i charge the authors for the submission?



    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,
    I am a young Assistant Professor (Ph.D.,) at an institution.I would like to start educational institutions. e.g. nursery school to college. I have no idea to make this as business. I would like to contribute something to our society. Kindly let me know what are the legal procedures involved in starting a nursery school/College. Honestly I do not have any source or political influences to make the things happen easily.

    Thanking you in advance.

    balithapliyal said...

    Sir. i am working as assistant professor at SPKM MBA college jetpur and my interested to start Management Journal in Print form and so i require step procedure of it starting from registration to website etc hence can you please reply me at my email id at balithapliyal@gmail.com

    Anil Pinto said...

    dear balithapliyal kindly check the following link and the comments in this post. http://academicpublication.blogspot.in/2012/01/how-to-start-journal-in-india.html

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for sharing such useful information as a non profit service. I wish to know that if series of Journals are started, separate ISSN nos need to be obtained or not?
    Also, they can be registered in the name of the same society?
    Can the bank account be in the name of the Society if i charge the authors for the submission?

    sampada.peshwe said...

    Dear Prof. Pinto,
    Our college is intending to start an international print journal. I am doing background research regarding all the requisite formalities.

    I was reading your blog which gives extremely useful information regarding starting a journal/magazine in India. Many of my questions have already been answered through the blog comments. There are however just 2 specific questions -
    1. I tried looking up the creative commons license you have mentioned. I am not able to understand it's significance for the print journal and whether it is mandatory.
    2. Is there additional formality required (over and above ISSN, RNI & International Editorial board) for the journal to be declared 'International'?

    I would be very grateful if you could respond to my query.

    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Prof. S. Peshwe

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Anil,

    Can u give me any authorized person to complete the procedure to start new "International Journal".

    I am from hyderabad, plz give me hyderabad located persons details.

    Regards,
    Ideaboy.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Prof. Sampada Peshwe, here are the clarifications.
    1. Creative commons is not a mandatory licence. It is to do with copyright. In general unless explicitly declared the copyright of all articles published in your journal rests with you. Creative commons licence allows you to selectively release the copyrights in six different levels. The advantage is that others do not have to take permission to use them. However the licences allow you to decide how much of the rights you give up. If this sounds complicated, you can completely ignore it. This is not essential for the journal.
    2. Legally speaking you need only RNI no to start a journal. ISSN is not an legal requirement. But academics respect journals with ISSN no. Further ISSN number is useful for journal indexing agencies. The word international is more of a perception. There are no norms or rules that decide how a journal becomes international. If you have an internationally diverse editorial board and articles from different countries, in my view that's an international journal.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Ideaboy,
    sorry. I do not know of any person who can do it for you. It's simple process, if you can give some concentrated time it should not take more than an hour to apply.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Anonymous,
    1. Each journal requires separate issn no.
    2. You can register them in the name of the same society
    3. The Bank account can be in the name of the same society if you charge the authors.

    Anonymous said...

    sir we are planning to start a new magazine..can you tell us what are the legal procedures to follow .

    Ardhendu De said...

    Dear Sir,
    I have a blog @ www.ardhendude.blogspost.com comprising more than 700 articles written by me on English literature and Teaching. It is free to use and Student Friendly. However, I have adsense program attached to it. Am I illegible for ISSN code? Is it Worth taking. Kindly pay a visit to my blog and suggest.

    Thanks. Regards.

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir.

    I would like to open online journal for international level....

    i want some suggestion.

    1) how to gt ISSN number

    2)After getting this what will be the next step
    3) i want to make my journal online as well as i want to give print copy of that too

    give us your kind suggestion to us

    you can mail me too ..

    pithadiya.nayan@yahoo.com

    thanks in advance

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    I wish to know what are the other career opportunities for a Management Faculty based in India along with the permanent job?

    Regards
    Neha

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Ardhednu
    Happy to know of a fellow blogger who believes in giving back to the world. Keep it up. Could not read your blog due to some technical glitch. From what I see a blog does not need a ISSN no. From my what I know ISSN is for sth that is published at a regular period. Bogs by nature are not regular.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Nayan Pithadiya,
    1. Following instruction on this link: http://nsl.niscair.res.in/issn.jsp
    2. Question not clear to me. Can you be more specific?
    3. A journal can be both online and print

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    I wish to know what are the other career opportunities for a Management Faculty based in India along with the permanent job?

    Regards
    Neha

    Unknown said...

    1) respected sir how to index a online journal in different indexes ?
    2) is it free or paid ?
    2) benifits of indexing the journal ?
    yours sencerely
    Dr.Kartikey

    Unknown said...

    Hello Sir,

    I want to publish monthly Gujurati magazine.

    It is mandatory to do registration for the same?

    Please guide me for legal formalities.

    Regards,
    Kejal Chande
    kejalc@yahoo.in

    Ganesh said...

    Dear Sir,

    We would like to start a journal in the field of rehabilitation sciences (print version only) with an objective of disseminating the research work carried by our institution only to start with. Can we start a journal with that objective? I understand after reading your blog that it is beneficial to apply for ISSN number and get it registered under RNI (please correct me, if I am wrong).Is it mandatory to have a website devoted for journal purpose only (we have our institute's webpage)? I am not sure how to index a journal. Can you please elaborate about this? Can we apply for index services before publishing a issue or is it mandatory to have any set number of issues published before applying for index?

    Please reply your reply to g_shankars@rediffmail.com

    Thanks and Regards

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir,
    To start international journal
    1. we should create website
    2.we should have issn no
    3.editorial board

    apart from this whether we have to register some were.

    Please mail me how to start from first step.
    waiting

    regards
    jaganathan

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Swathy Jaga, well that is the the basic minimum. You do not need to register if it is purely an online journal.

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Kejal Chande, if it's aprint journal you will have to do RNI registration. The following link has details.

    http://rni.nic.in/Citizen%27sharter.pdf

    Anil Pinto said...

    Dear Ganesh,
    You can start with that objective. ISSN and RNI are sufficient. A website is not needed. However it is good to make the articles available online for better reach. You may also make them available on your website. Regarding indexing I will put separate reply.

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir,

    Thank u for replay.
    And one more question that the journal name we can select as our choice and whether that journal should register some were.

    And after web creation only i should apply for issn no isit.

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir,

    What is difference between national journal and international journal.

    and how to start international journal

    leanus said...

    Dear Anil,
    I with heart full of gratitude, appreciate your effort to answer questions in your blog.
    I have a question too. I am thinking of running a website for my town. Do i need to register for this. My situation is like this.. when i take a photo of local function/ celebration, if I have some sort of registration, i can answer legal questions if it arises. If i plan to register, what sort of registration would i need?
    Thankyou in advance. U can mail me at linus_cruz@yahoo.com

    Regards,
    Leanus

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir what all documents are reduired with application form for allotment of issn no.

    Anonymous said...

    Sir kindly mail me @
    aijazabdullahlone@gmail.com

    Anonymous said...

    Hello Dear,,
    I want to start International Journal in Engineering. I don't know the procedure to open it. i have done name of journal and websites. i know only following things.
    1. create websites
    2. Apply for ISSN No.

    If any other requirement?
    another question is how to apply for ISSN No?

    Anonymous said...

    how can i register journal(or ISSN No) in the name of the same society ?

    Anonymous said...

    Hello Sir,
    I am a pharmaceutical professional, presently working in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing company. I want to start an online International Pharmaceutical journal. For that I will apply for ISSN No. But I don’t know that

    1. Is it required to create a website and editorial & advisory board before apply for ISSN Number?

    2. What are the criteria to apply for ISSN Number? Or on what basis the ISSN authority will reject or accept the application?

    3. Any official address is required to operate an online journal?

    4. Is there any other registration or legal steps are required for this?

    5. Another thing I would like to ask you that the article publication fees will be fixed by the journal authority or any other external authority?

    I am waiting for your valuable suggestions.

    Sahid

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,
    I'm interested in starting an International Journal (online Journal)

    So can you tell me that to start from scratch to start a journal how much it will cost for me to complete all the legal process and registration and all.
    A rough estimate according to you, that how much it will cost.


    Thanks

    Unknown said...

    Hello Sir, this is gokul ,

    I want to know that, to start a journal, DO we have to register the name of the journal first?

    OR We have to create a website and directly apply for the ISSN no?
    Also we want to know the detailed step wise procedure.

    For further communication, it will be very helpful for us, if you give your mail id( if you dont have any problem). My mail id is- gokulggawande@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    Hello Sir,
    This is Akshat i want to start an online Law Journal and i want to apply for the ISSN number can you please guide me through the procedure of the same. And can you mail it to me if possible.
    i'll be obliged.
    my email id is- akshatswaroop1@gmail.com

    YouthCare said...

    I am Ramesh V,working as an assistant professor as well am doing research in computer science.

    I have designed my journal website, and is there is any publisher is important for publishing online journal? and how many member should be need for editorial board?
    Ph.D holders is important? please provide me the reply earliest as possible. thanking you..........

    yours truly
    Ramesh V
    please send to my email.
    email : prof.rameshv@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    hello Sir,
    I am Asst. prof. in engg College and wanted start new international Journal can you plz help me regarding that.....


    with regards
    Prof.Tushar Sangole
    email id: tusharrsangole@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    sir, please share your email id on kunalks2001@yahoo.com. Wanted some info on publishing journal

    Anonymous said...

    Sir,
    After creating a journal website ,how to find that our journal website has a impact factor? how do other journal publishers find their journal website has an impact factor of 0.8 , 1.0 or above ?

    Anil Pinto said...

    If it's a new journal my suggestion is not to worry about impact factor. It takes many things to get one and there are many geo-political and economic dimensions to that. I do not have the recent stats. But two years ago there were only three journals in India with Impact Factor. All three from Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore. Even EPW did not have impact factor! Most of the claims that journals make regarding Impact Factor are fake.

    Ashish Jain said...

    Hi Anil Sir,

    Could you please mail me your mobile no, I know its too much ask for but if you can gokuljain91@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    I know sir, its kind of bugging but atleast if you can provide me your email id, that will be great

    Unknown said...

    hello sir

    i am a mechanical engineer i want to know what step is required to start a new e journal and what kind of preparation is required for that.

    Anonymous said...

    hello sir,
    I am prabhu. first of all i congratulate for such an informative blog. I have plans to start a research journal. if i am correct, i need to get
    RNI number
    create an website
    obtain and ISSN number.
    The above mentioned are for journals which provide hard copy of articles. What are the procedures for online only journals and i want to know whether an online only journal can be indexed in SCOPUS or any sort of such things.

    siddharth sachan said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    siddharth sachan said...

    Dear sir,
    can you please mail me a step by step guide that how to start a new online journal.What things are necessary for starting a journal.Email id is
    siddharthsachan4@gmail.com

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir
    My journal is 3 months old now and i have applied for ISSN and waiting for the past one month till date does getting ISSN number gets more time ? .. Moreover can u please suggest some sites that provides impact factor based upon the rating of my journal

    PTPI.IN said...

    Hello Sir ,,
    i want to open a publication house in near feature for Articles Publications . Can u please tell me how to get an ISSN for my publication house ?? & also can i use it for life time if i get one ISSN for Publication House ??

    Unknown said...

    Respected sir,
    Im R.Rajesh Kumar completed my Master Of Engineering. I would like to start a International Journal for Engineering. I had finished my website. Please guide me to get ISSN number [online]. for the past 6 month i have been trying to get the issn number.. Please help me... please reply ro my email id: rajeshramkumar28@gmail.com..

    Surya said...

    Thank you Mr. Pinto. I am indebted.

    satyadarshi Kunal said...

    Dear Anil
    Thank you for initiating such a nice discussion extensively.
    I have gone through PRB Act and the relevant rules. Nowhere the term "magazine" has been used. A magazine is not a book, in a similar way as a newspaper is not a book. interpreting the provisions in that line, is it possible to say that there is no provision of law which prescribes for obtaining RNI for a magazine. Specially the kind of magazines which has nothing to do with the law.

    Thanks
    Adv. Satyadarshi Kunal

    Unknown said...

    Dear Anil,

    I wish to start a scientific journal (print), please tell be what are the procedures for the same.

    Yogesh said...

    Resp Sir me (Yogesh) and my colleague willing to start new online research journal. Should we register our website first ? After registering website what should what should we do then ?
    Can we get ISSN before publishing any issue or we should publish first issue of e-journal and then do request for ISSN ? Please guide us we are confused.
    Thank you sir for doing such precious job of helping people.

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Anil Sir, Your posts have been useful to me and would like to speak to you in case if you could deduce 2 mins. from your busy schedule.
    I am a lawyer in the Supreme Court and intend to start e magazine. could you please confirm if i need to go and get it registered or would the same as e journal follows here as well.

    Thanking you.

    Yours Sincerely,
    Suvesh Kumar
    Lawyer
    Supreme Court of India
    8587012770

    Unknown said...

    Dear Sir
    We would like to start an annual Journal.
    We want to start our own journal of research studies.
    My query is whether RNI registration is important for a college journal?
    Can't we proceed with just ISSN no.?

    Unknown said...

    DEAR SIR,

    I AM VIJAY KARTHIK. WE ARE A TEAM OF GOOD PROFESSORS IN VARIOUS ENGINEERING BACKGROUND.

    WE ARE PLANNING TO START A NEW INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL IN MULTI DISCIPLINE ENGINEERING FIELDS.

    I REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT ARE THE STEPS I NEED TO FOLLOW TO START.
    INCLUDING ALL LEGAL PROCEDURES.
    MY MAIL ID IS mvk291085@gmail.com

    Also request you to provide your contact number for better and good communication.

    Barath said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Unknown said...

    Hello Anil sir,

    I have so many doubts in starting a new journal but I got clarified with your blog. Now I have only one doubt.

    HOW TO GET SCOPUS INDEXING FOR A JOURNAL & DO WE NEED TO PAY MONEY FOR THAT ?

    please help me out in this issue.
    Thanks for ur time and consideration

    Unknown said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous said...

    Hi Anil,

    I want to start an online journal. Should I need to register a society/firm/trust/company to start it or can I start as an individual?
    Kindly help me regarding this.

    Thanks,

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    My name is Pradeep Kumar. Your blog “How to start a Journal in India?” is very informative and helpful. My doubts are almost clear after reading the detailed information provided by you in your blog. I would like to start an e-journal on a subscription basis. Only a question arises in my mind is that whether I have to go to the registration of a publication house or I can apply for the registration of any society for an e-journal.

    And where should I submit my application, in the office of The Registrar, Chits, Firms and Societies or in the office of The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
    Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation/help.


    Thanks and Regards

    Pradeep Kumar

    Unknown said...

    Dear Pinto,
    I want to start publishing company only to publish international scientific and engineering journal of online version. So please give details to start the same. Some website tells like that I need ISSN number, DOI numbers, CrossRef membership, CLOCKSS archival service, DOAJ. Please clarify these things step by step, how to get through them. Thanks.

    My email id is
    ruchi.bshi@gmail.com

    Will happy if you mail me these things.

    Unknown said...

    sir give me some information about start e-journal

    point is noted below

    1.how many days it will take after apply online and sending print
    2.what is charge to take issn no
    3.what reason may be of rejection of issn no request even i have publish one journal with six paper


    sir suggest me at 57vk.vijaykumar@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    my no is 9793000040

    plz miss callme to quick communication

    Unknown said...

    or to resolve my problem

    Jyothy said...

    Myself Jyothy,

    I wish to publish international research journal. But have few queries :

    1. What is the difference between online & print journal ?
    2. Which type of journal is more important for research scholars ? Is it print or online ?
    3. Few Publisehrs provide certificate with printed journal ? Is it really helpful for research scholars in their career ? If yes, how it is important ?
    4. How can I reach prospective research scholars if I wish to start a journal ?

    Looking forward to hear from you Prof. Anil Pinto.

    Unknown said...

    I am already running e journal. I want P ISSN, can you please tell me the following things.

    Can I get p ISSN without registering in RNI?

    How to get p issn?

    HOW TO REGISTER IN RNI?

    How to post the journal without ticket or at less cost?

    Amit* said...

    hello sir,
    can u tell me some instruction i need to to follow when choosing a name for you journal.
    actually i need to start a journal for computer engineering.thanx in advance

    Yogesh said...

    Dear Anil,

    Just need one or two points to be cleared, if you could give some time.

    1. As per NISCAIR (from Aug, 1, 2015) for ejournal/ISSN, the "copy of homepage" is required to send them. I need to confirm what do they mean by "copy of homepage" exactly.

    2. Read previously, as you said website is not required, but as I read now they have asked for it (mandatory for online version).

    Kindly give some time to clear these two points.
    Dr. Yogesh

    Unknown said...

    Dear Sir,

    How to get affiliate our ejournal in UGC.

    Please send me the instruction.

    Ezhil Malar T said...

    Hi Anil,

    I am planning to start an online Publication by inviting manuscripts from budding authors. I have no clue whatsoever how to do it. I have knowledge on creating a website and make it visible. But, what are the other logistics involved? Like, I have doubt on registering the company and getting the ISBN number. Can you please guide me on this.

    Thanks,
    Ezhil Malar T

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir.

    I would like to open online journal for international level (only E-version not printed)....

    i want some suggestion.

    1) how can i get ISSN number?

    2)After getting this what will be the next step.

    3) i want to collect the journals before getting ISSN or after?

    4) How can i contact the international reviewers?

    give us your kind suggestion to us

    you can mail me too ..

    thanks....

    Regards
    Varadharajan.N

    vrdhrajan@gmail.com

    Anshumaan Saxena said...

    Hello Anil
    Thanks for this information that u shared on this blog but i m confused by reading all this comments.
    can u send me this information that how can i register A mathematical Society along with the journal.

    Regards-
    Anshumaan Saxena
    saxena.ams@gmail.com

    Anonymous said...

    Thanks Dear Anil for so much great information.
    My questions are same as Anshumaan Saxena with additional some more queries:
    (i) How to register a scientific society?
    (ii) legal procedure and document requirements?
    (iii)legal requirements to start an online only scientific journal?
    (iv) How to add an online scientific journal with a registered scientific society?

    We will be highly thankful to you to email us at saxena.ams@gmail.com;akshaykr1001@gmail.com

    Shailesh said...

    Dear Anil Sir,

    We want to start a International Journal. Requesting you to please let us know what are the necessary registration required to be done in Mumbai.

    Regards,
    Shailesh Jadhav

    Anonymous said...

    Nice information. Thanks

    Adi said...

    HI Anil,

    I want to start online technical journal, for that what must be the legal formalities i need do ?

    somebody told me that i can start website and also start publishing papers on that journal............then can apply for ISSN no.
    Is it correct?

    i just want to know that, do i need to register any proprietary firm or pvt ltd co. to live the e-jounal on web?

    For ISSN, requirements are- Journal must have 5-6 original papers published then, only i can get ISSN .

    so, its obvious that ISSN is 2nd thing, first is to launch e-journal on portal.
    Does ISSN is mandatory for e-journal?

    Please help me out in this.
    please mail me the entire procedure from strech.
    aditya.aagrawal007@gmail.com

    onlinehelp said...

    sir i have done a new website for ejournal. but when i m going for issn number on http://nsl.niscair.res.in/applicationissn.jsp. it asks for 5-6 published article must. how it is possible. without issn number noone will send articles now a days. so is there any way to get issn without 5-6 original articles. plz mail to srikanta_imit@yahoo.co.in

    Devi said...

    Dear Sir,

    I am planning to start a online journal.
    I need your advice. Do we have maintain separate office for online journal initially? I am thinking to have a separate office after an year.

    Thanks
    Ruckmani Devi

    Unknown said...

    Mr. Anil Please give Your Mail ID, as I have to clear some points about Journal Publishing.

    My ID is --- resolver.mds@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    Mr. Anil Please give Your Mail ID, as I have to clear some points about Journal Publishing.

    My ID is --- resolver.mds@gmail.com

    Unknown said...

    Mr. Anil Please give Your Mail ID,
    as I have to clear some points about
    Journal Publishing.

    My ID is --- resolver.mds@gmail.com

    Indrani said...

    Hello sir,
    I'm Indrani. M a lecturer of govt colg of west bengal. We found a group and think to start a multilingual as well as multidiciplinary journal. Please help us to know the procedure for applying rni & issn as well.
    I would be truely grateful to u if i hear from you. My mail id-mailofficial44@gmail.com

    Indrani said...

    Hello sir,
    I'm Indrani. M a lecturer of govt colg of west bengal. We found a group and think to start a multilingual as well as multidiciplinary journal. Please help us to know the procedure for applying rni & issn as well.
    I would be truely grateful to u if i hear from you. My mail id-mailofficial44@gmail.com

    susannah said...

    Dear Anil,
    I would like to start a journal,but I would like to have an online and hard copy of the same journal.Is there a possibility for such a provision?Also, I would like to know approximately,h
    how long does it usually take to acquire an ISSN number and an RNI registration?

    Unknown said...

    Hello Sir kindly send me the free resource to check plagrism any software

    Manaswini Dash said...

    Dear Sir ,
    I would request you to kindly mail me the step by step procedures for reviving an old journal that has been ceased to be published since early 1990s. My e-mail id is manaswinidash@ymail.com.
    With thanks and regards,
    Manaswini Dash

    Ajit Joshi said...

    This is an old blogpost. I want to start a journal on technology in April 2017. What are the rules now for registering ISSN in India. I was told it has become very difficult to get for individuals

    Unknown said...

    Dear Mr. Pinto, I have a charitable trust and want to publish a bulletin of 40 page around, every two months with cultural stories. I heard that I can do it without registering, but have to put on the front page for private circulation. Is that right? What are the rules for private circulation magazines? Is there a website with all information regarding private circulation magazine. Thank you, Raj

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir,
    Will a merit certificate of internship from a online news portal which is not registered under government hold legal value in jobs or colleges interview because the website is not registered as any company in government papers so does that website has any authority to give internship or appreciation certificate.

    Unknown said...

    Dear sir,
    Will a internship or appreciation certificate from an only online news portal that is not registered with the government hold any value in college or company interview because since the website is not registered as any legal company or any organisation under the government so does it has the authority to give certificate and will they be valuable.

    karthik said...

    Hi Sapna, seems this is too late to discuss but i was hunting for people who are intersted about online Journal. If you are into same or wish to be part pls revert to me at karthikh87@gmail.com

    karthik said...

    Hi Sapna, m hunting for people who are intersted in online publication as m intersted. so pls let me know if you can help me out or we can work together.

    Unknown said...

    hi anil,
    i am planing to start a law journal and want to publish the works in a website. can you help me with the procedures and further ideas to put the thought in motion.
    I will be highly thankful to you to email me at akshayanurag07@gmail.com

    Aishwarya said...

    Dear anil

    What is the basic qualifications to academic journal company.

    Aishwarya said...

    Dear sir ...Kindly ans to me also.

    KK said...

    Sir,
    thanks for the blog, it is so useful,
    1)I want to start first an E-Journal in Management with ISSN,
    and
    2) later i want to make the same in Print also with ISSN,
    Please help me in knowing the complete details step by step for 1) & 2)
    Thanks so much
    my email is: venkatakrishnachodimella@gmail.com

    BIBHANSHU said...

    sir,
    I am starting my own venture and in that, I am willing to start own legal journal, not any specific subject and also wants to publish on hard copy monthly so RNI is sufficient and if want to give issn to writer so where to register or any thing else is requiring

    BIBHANSHU said...

    how to start the legal journal and want to publish it in hard copy so is there any need of RNI and where to register for a provider for ISSI no. to the writer

    ascent said...

    hello sir i want to start a new international journal , help me in this regard and give me the details regarding registration. my mail id:ascentea2010@gmail.com ,please send me the details to this mail id .

    thanks and regards in advance

    S. K. Patro [Founder & CEO at IER PVT LTD] said...

    Sir
    I want to start a scientific journal in India. What are the requirements (documents) needed? And How to be registered in India(if any), please suggest me the full detailed procedure. Kindly You may mail me : ksantanupatro@gmail.com

    Waiting for your comments.

    Unknown said...

    I am Rajesh Kumar a Research scholar in Forensic Science and am trying to start an online science journal. We have got few good research articles related to legal aspects and forensic prospectus. I hope I can talk to you in detail on assistance on legal terms as currently, I am unaware of the legal procedures and its complications relevant to publishing .

    I would request if you could mail me @ Korirajesh8811@gmail.com and if we could exchange numbers to fasten the discussions. :

    Unknown said...

    So much informative.

    VIDYASAGAR@MGAHV said...

    I am Vidya sagar kumar

    our Institution want to start a new international Journal
    what is process. is it necessary to fill URL nO. , OF Journal before filling it up ? what are other document to send it with application of IT ?

    pk said...

    hi sir,
    i am associate professor, going to start multidiscplinary reseearch,
    i have one query that after printing fisrt issue , for appling for ISSN ,is there need for publication company details or publication sponsership , or direct author can apply for ISSN,
    please guide,

    beacause i want apply for ISSN no direct without publication royality
    thanks
    pradeephari2007@gmail.com
    whatsup no-9649790058
    please reply

    Unknown said...

    👍